- The Snood. Whether this be a jumper or a scarf you can wrap around you more than once, this can complete literally any outfit you're planning on wearing. Maybe a tea dress and leather jacket or a maybe a t-shirt and leather skinny leggings. This item is fit for any occasion and can be found in many major high street and online fashion retailers:
New Look, £9.99
- The Poncho. Now I know what you're thinking, this item of clothing comes back and goes away within minutes, just like the bandanna (WARNING: the bandanna is NOT a Winter essential). They're great to throw over you (even if you don't think much of your outfit that day). Once on, BOOM! You're instantly transformed and immediately cosy:
Burberry Poncho's as seen in London Fashion Week 2014, £Out of our price range.00
- This one is a must for me... Recently I've seen Lauren Pope (my fashion idol) wearing some over the knew boots on Instagram. Also seen on Millie Mackintosh, these boots are literally PERFECT for any occasion (I know, I sound like Monica from Friends when she paid a months rent on boots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrMTogekok). Whether it be a night out or date night, these are a winter essential that are bang on trend any time, any day!
FYI: These are now available at Primark for £20 #justsayin'.
- The Fedora Hat - me LOVES a Fedora. Perfect if you just CBA to do your hair and you instantly look cool wearing one. They go great with short hair and long hair and if you're not a hat person, it doesn't matter, the Fedora does well if you want to hide a face of shame from antics the night before also (always thinking, always dancing, me). Shove one on like Mossy always does, the woman can do no wrong, so it makes sense for you to do right also...
- If like me you get terribly dry hands in the Winter (for me, so much to the point where they can bleed. Gross I know), you need a good hand moisturiser to relieve this. I recently tried Dermalogica as a sample from my boss on my hands and it was brilliant. Smelt gorgeous too and always keeps your nails strong.
- And if you are want to lock in moisture and warmth, you need to wear gloves ladies. But not just any gloves, mitten gloves. You know, the ones where the mitten covers your fingers but if you want to use your phone or munch on a weiner at the German Market (coming to us in a month, ladies & gents), then you can pull back the mitten to create fingerless gloves.
River Island, £12.00
- Last, but certainly not least, The Faux Fur Coat. My FAVOURITE winter item. I literally get exited putting one. But the one place I'm a sucker for buying them is eBay. I bought a short brown Topshop one 4 years ago for £25 and it still serves me well to this day. I also bought a long Leopard print one for £20 and it is so soft. Perfect for a night out and like the poncho, dresses up anything you are wearing underneath or merely enhances it.
Sorry it's been another girly one this week, fella's! But don't hesitate to tell me your Winter essentials on the back of this blog, visit my Facebook page or tweet me @triciabaxter.
In the mean time, listen to this fashion icon! David Bowie - Fashion.
Big love, readers!