Tuesday 11 November 2014

Chapter 67: Fad Diets & WW

Fad diets; a person’s best friend and worst enemy. Fad diets are fantastic for wanting to lose weight quickly in time for a holiday, or a special occasion. However great you think it is, it really isn’t. Let’s look at this logically... say you lose 5lbs in one week from a juice diet and then you eat normally the next week, you’re just going to pile it on more... and then some! Is it really worth starving yourself to see all your hard hours of starving yourself go to waste by piling it back on? No. No it’s not. Believe me, I’ve been there. I was going away to Egypt for a week but felt quite sluggish before, so I thought I would extreme diet for the week before; by extreme diet I mean scrambled eggs for breakfast, soup for lunch and a bowl of cereal or an omelette for dinner. I lost 5 lbs in 5 days and got to the weight I wanted. I was chuffed to say the least. At the time I felt like I was wasting away, but all I keep thinking was, ‘a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.’ What did I do when I got the airport? I have a Frankie & Benny’s pizza all to myself. What did I do when I was on holiday? Stuff my face with all inclusive food. You name it. Fish, potatoes, pizza, chicken – the lot. What happened when I got home? Along with holiday blues, I felt like a lump after and so the fad diets continued on and off for years - it's a vicious cycle!

My sister had my little Nephew last December and my other sister got engaged shortly after, so we had our minds on dropping the lbs before the big day. I didn't want to lose much, just half a stone. So my sister suggested Weight Watchers (WW), as this worked so well for her and my Mammy in the past. She lost 2 stone after her second child and the weight literally dropped off of her. So I said I would give it a go. Now, I know I’m generally quite petite, but I only wanted to lose a few pounds and what have I got to lose (excuse the pun)? The woman did warn me I would have harder fat to lose so it may take a while longer. I got to my goal weight and I was really pleased. Not only that, but the meals are so good! The system is easy if you stick to it. Each woman gets weighed and daily points are given according to this and your situation. For example, if you are breast feeding you get more daily points allowance. The standard amount is 26 points with a pro point allowance of 49 points for the week. So for example, if you stick to 26 points a day you could use your 49 points for a night out at the weekend drinking or going to a restaurant. For me I only really do it from Monday to Friday and I buy the Weight Watchers meals from the fridge and from frozen. My FAVOURITE is Red Thai Curry - SO flavoursome and a nice portion. You might think that there isn't enough in the Weight Watchers meals, but there really is. For lunch I would have one of these or two crumpets with a slither of butter.

There are a number of famous people who have used this diet and it has worked wonders for them!
Patsy Kensit.
Jennifer Hudson.
Jessica Simpson.
I tried to add Gregg Wallace in here but ironically, I couldn't fit him in! If you are looking to lose a few pounds but really don't want to deprive yourself, then this is the perfect diet. At the moment it is £10 for the first month and if you find it doesn't work, send then an email to cancel. If you don't want to go to the weigh ins, you can do it online and do your weigh ins at home! Believe me, it's worth it!

Have you been on Weight Watchers before? If so, what did you think? Are there better diets out there in your opinion? Let me know your thoughts; just contact me on the back of here, visit my Facebook page or tweet me @triciabaxter.

In the meantime, why don't you enjoy some music from our Patsy's ex: Oasis - Rock N' Roll Star.

Have a good week guys!
Big love.
T.x

No comments:

Post a Comment