Tuesday 4 August 2015

Chapter 93: #EsthersHenYork2015

So last weekend was the arrival of my Sister's Hen weekend! Or as all of us were calling it, #EsthersHenYork2015. As you can guess, we went to York! I have been planning this along my my eldest Sister, Laura, since October 2014... but it was so worth all the early planning and organisation! Anyone that knows me, knows I am a little bit lazy... Don't get me wrong, if I go away I make sure I have everything in order... but maybe an hour before the taxi picks me up. I thought it would be best if I started the orgnising early so that I can get a better insight into what it takes to plan a Hen Do. Laura has done and has gone to plenty in her time. The only other Hen I had ever been to was Laura's in Edinburgh back in 2007, which was around the time I first discovered binge drinking. Let me tell you... I was well out of my depth with Laura and her mates. Just as I thought we were getting off the plane to go home, someone shouted, "SHALL WE GO TO THE BELL THEN?" (Our local pub back home). I near shat myself. All I wanted to do was go home, be sick and go to sleep by this stage - I felt battered. However, it really is true what they say... Hare of the Dog is ALWAYS the solution. Feeling hanging?  Have a beer. Wanna be sick? Have a beer. Want some food? Fuck dat shiza... Have a beer. Gonna shit yourself? Hold it in... HAVE A BEER! (Okay I have never experienced the last one, but I'm sure someone has).

So I began planning this by searching for some decent Hen organising websites and found www.ukgirlthing.co.uk who also do a site for men called www.gentsevents.co.uk . They had some really decent reviews and some great events to plan for how ever long and wherever you are staying away. My Dad told me that York was beautiful and every time him and Mammy went there, they always seen so many Hen Do's, so  I figured this would be the perfect location! I organised for us to do a Murder Mystery on the first night, Cocktail making the second day and then on to some bars and clubs and bars later on! I thought Murder Mystery would be perfect for Esther (us Baxter girls have always loved to do acting). I thought that mixed with alcohol and a bunch of fun loving girls... PERFECT recipe for a good night. Ii organised a mini bus as this was the best and cheapest option for us all to get pissed up on the way! This picked us up from our local at 10.30am where we started off like this:
The theme  for the urder Mystery was "Hen Do" - I was confused when I first heard this... but this was the character list my party organiser gave me:

Cruella De Vile
Vicky Bollard
Maria Slapperallover
Joanna "Patsy" Lovely
Lady Gargle
Lauren Coupon
Dolly Pardon
Davina McCallgirl
Lindsay Lowhanded
Demi Moron
Jane "Bubble" Horricks
Jennifer Edina Saunders
Her Majesty the Queen
Paula Ranovercliff
 
We were IMMEDIATELY all over this idea. We had our names picked out of a hat to decide who would be who and well, here's a little sneak preview of what we all looked like in one photo:
This night was SOOOO much fun. The two people who conducted the night were so funny and made us all feel at ease and we all soon got into our characters. They pretty much through you into the first scene so you have no choice but to get into the swing of it. Th idea was that we were al on a cruise ship and Cruella DeVile's (Esther) Ffiance had been thrown over board by one of us (all of which had an affair with Adam, haha). Very funny but... it was hard to act whilst you're drunk! 

So the next day... we were severely hungover... As expected. To which my Sister's friend said, "You know what you need? A beer." So I powered through and had a pint - it made me feel better! We went to Revolution Bar to do Cocktail making and it was such a laugh! We made Woo Woo's, Mojito's, the list goes on! So we were defintiely NOT short of alcohol... Not only this, but we were booked in for our own private seating area reserved for the afternoon along with pizza and nibbles - perfection! Safe to say we had a stonking day! 


So the night time came and this was the only part of the Hen that Esther was completely unaware of... the theme Laura and I came up with was The Wizard of Oz. This is one of Esther's favourite movies of all time! So we got her a Dorothy outift and the rest of us decided to go as other character's from the film. We had myself and Laura as The Cowardly Lion, we had a few Glinda's, Wicked Witches and... well... here we are!


We had such a fun night full of wine, Jager, dance off's with strangers and dare cards! One of which was "Rub your face in a hairy man's chest."........ this happened........ TWICE! Haha!

All and all, this was one of the best weekends we have all had in ages, and most improtantly my beautiful Sister and Bride to Be, Esther. It was an emotional weekend and special someone was never far from mine and my Sister's minds. We know our angel was with us having a little glass of wine and celebrating with us :) xxx.

Here is the anthem of our weekend which pretty much played every day we were there:


Let me know about any Hen or Stag's you have been on or ornganised yourself! Why did you choose the places you went and most importantly, what were your messy stories you'd like to share?! Let me know on the back of here, Facebook or tweet me @triciabaxter.

Big love peeps,
T.x

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Can you message me! I have a question about the party!

    ReplyDelete